Summertime in Maine means beautiful weather, days at the beach, festivals galore, and lots of guests. I love having friends and family come and visit, but there are many things to be done before I feel comfortable letting them sleep in our beds and brush their teeth at our sinks.
- Prepare menu of all meals. Be sure to include plenty of sandwich material for picnics!
- Create grocery list from menu. Shop 1-2 days before guests arrive.
- Give house a general cleaning.
- Clean guest bathroom well.
- Launder guest linens (towels and sheets).
- Clean out refrigerator. Wipe down well.
- Dust guest bedroom.
- Vacuum guest bedroom.
- Gather some reading materials for the bedside.
- Prepare itinerary of activities and places to see.
Are you having guests at your house this summer?