Guest Blogger – Christie Crowder
It’s crunch time, do you know what you will be for Halloween? You may have been invited to a party or community event and are still at a loss for what you all will be. If you are pregnant, dressing up can be a challenge. Here is a short list of costumes I have seen in the past that I thought were too cute. I hope they give you some ideas.
- New Parents with Their First Child: Mom and Dad are Adam and Eve, and the baby is the apple. A couple in my neighborhood did this a few years back and I thought it was the cutest thing!
- A Family of Three or More: Another one from my neighborhood… Dad is a fisherman and mom and the kids are a school of fish. Much easier than it sounds. Dad of course just wore khakis and a fishing hat and carried a pole. Mom and the kids wore blue and green sweats under large fish cutouts made with cardboard and construction paper. Oh, I have to mention that mom was pregnant too!
- A Family of Three or More: Minnie/Mickey and the Mouseketeers. I actually did this one on my daughter’s first real Halloween. My aunt had given her a Minnie Mouse costume and we had been invited to two parties that year. I ordered two Mickey Mouse Club t-shirts for my husband and I and Mouse ears. The mouse ears never arrived but we still had the shirts.
- The Expectant Mother: I am really going to “date” myself with this one but I saw this when I was a kid… Mr. Whipple and a Roll of Charmin. Perfect way to hide the belly bump! This one is really cute because if any of you remember the old Charmin commercials, you were not supposed to squeeze the Charmin. The couple who did this… the hubby squeezed her a lot!
- The Super Family: You cant go wrong with going as The Incredibles!
List lovin’ mamma, Christie Crowder is a Life Coach and Writer in Atlanta GA. Read how she lives an imperfectly inspired life that excels within the chaos of the every day on her blog MyLife – A Work in Progress.