Christmas is rapidly approaching, and if you haven’t done so yet, it is time to start thinking about what gifts to give to your family and friends. Handmade gifts are a fun way to get the entire family involved in the process. Schedule a gift-making night, and gather the kids around. Put out the supplies, offer some instructions, and everyone start to work. When you are done, you’ll be on your way to being ready for Christmas! Even if you feel you aren’t creative or handy, there are plenty of gifts you can make.
- Gifts in a Jar – Give the gift of homemade cookies or hearty soup. Stack the ingredients in a large Mason jar for an attractive presentation. Don’t forget to include a card with instructions.
- Personalized Stationery – Buy some blank cards or paper and stamp or print some personal design onto them.
- Photo Albums or Picture Books – You can start from scratch here or buy the “bones” and build on it to make it personal.
- Baked Goods – Who doesn’t like homemade fudge or cookies or banana bread?
- Coupons for Services – Give neighbors a coupon for free babysitting. Give parents a coupon for a free lawn cut. Give teachers a coupon for a free car wash.
- Ornaments – out of beads, salt dough, pipe cleaners, pinecones. You are only limited by your imagination on this one.
- Candles – Melt wax and pour into a clean glass jar while holding the wick. Get creative with fillers and colors.
- Home Movie – Video your family doing something fun, either planned or spontaneous. Make copies, make labels, and wrap up for a treasured gift.
- Recipe Book – Collect your family’s favorite recipes and assemble them in an attractive 3-ring binder.
- Refrigerator Magnets – Use cardstock for the base and attach magazine pictures or photographs. Hot glue a magnet on the back.
What are your homemade gift ideas?