For some, the idea of a cozy, intimate Valentine’s Day is more appealing than a night out on the town. If that’s your style, you’ll appreciate these ideas for a cozy Valentine’s Day.
1. Romantic Movie Night: This goes beyond popping popcorn and watching movies. For a Valentine’s movie night, you’ll want romantic movies and an atmosphere that’s just as romantic. You could make up a bed in front of the TV (if you don’t have a TV in your bedroom) with lots of pillows and even rose petals if you like. Serve wine and finger foods and enjoy the evening.
2. Valentine Hunt: Like Easter eggs, you can hide Valentine chocolates, poems, pieces of jewelry, and other little gifts all around the house. You might want to take it to the next step and do a scavenger hunt, where each item found has a hint for the next item.
3. Try New Wines: Wine and Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. Why not try some new ones? Sample them over a romantic dinner and dessert.
4. Have a Few Friends Over: No one says you have to be alone on Valentine’s Day. You can still have a cozy, at-home celebration with a few close friends. Decorate your house for the holiday, and serve a buffet or hors d’oeuvres. Don’t forget those sumptuous Valentine’s desserts!
5. Create Memories: Did you and your significant other go on a lot of vacations or travels together? Do you have lots of photos stored on your phone or computer? Valentine’s Day is a great time to do something with these mementos. You can do something traditional, like create a photo album of a special trip or event; or you could be more unconventional and make a keepsake collage with photos, movie tickets, and other items. It’s even possible to make jewelry, clothing, or mugs out of some items.
6. Simple, Romantic, Fireside Champagne: What could be more romantic than champagne and chocolate? This could be the perfect dessert after a meal, or just an intimate way to spend an evening. Build a fire in your fireplace, draw up a sofa or loveseat, and have the chilled champagne, chocolate, cheese, and nuts ready and waiting.
7. Special Delivery: Flowers and candy delivered to your front door is very romantic and sets the stage for a cozy at-home celebration. If you do a little research, you’ll find there are delivery services for lots of things, from teddy bears to fruit baskets. Choose something that fits your relationship and enjoy at home!
There are so many fun ways to celebrate a cozy Valentine’s Day at your home. You’ll save money, too!
So you can get your list on.
Sign up for a free account to give ListPlanit a try.
Or click here to sign up for unlimited access to all of our lists for just $5 / month.×
Enter your email and we'll send along password reset instructions.×