If you have not yet heard of Twitter, then let me be the first to introduce you to a very fun, new way to communicate with people from all over the world. You can be as familiar or anonymous as you would like to be. Many people who have already discovered Twitter claim to be addicts to this form of interaction. It is the ultimate chat room, although you don’t even have to say a word. Here are a few of the reasons I have made Twitter a daily part of my routine and recreation.
1. You can be whomever you want to be. I am “following” Santa Clause and Mrs. Clause. I am following those who have listed their own names and those who prefer to show nicknames or pseudonyms.
2. All communication must be done in 140 characters or less. This makes for fast-paced interactions. No long drawn out paragraphs or stories.
3. You can carry on conversations with people of like-minds. Find a ton of people who are reading your favorite book and have an impromptu book discussion. Love American Idol? Read what people are saying, live, as you watch the show.
4. Want some advice on anything at all? Ask a question to Twitterville and watch the replies pour in.
5. Stay up with current events. I have found out about big news more often lately just by visiting Twitter. Great accompaniment to major historical events such as the presidential debates, election night, the inauguration.
6. If you are a business owner, then you need to be on Twitter! It is a great way to introduce people to your product or service.
7. Get your blog posts fed automatically onto Twitter. Attract more visitors to your blog or website.
8. Discover new places on the web. Follow new people and check out their followers to find some really cool people and sites.
9. There is ALWAYS someone you can chat with – no matter the time or date.
10. Send Direct Messages to people if you don’t want the whole world to be involved.
So you can get your list on.
Sign up for a free account to give ListPlanit a try.
Or click here to sign up for unlimited access to all of our lists for just $5 / month.×
Enter your email and we'll send along password reset instructions.×