list of special things that happened on mother’s day
We had family in from Texas this past weekend so we were acting as tour guides to Maine (which we love doing because there is so much to see and do here). Here are the highlights:
- Everyone (all 9 people in my house) got ready by 8 a.m. so that we could get down to Portland where I had been entered to run in the Portland Sea Dogs Mother’s Day 5K.
- Finished in my goal time (25 minutes and 31 seconds) as I passed home plate in the Sea Dog’s Stadium.
- Picnicked at Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth (one of my favorite Maine spots).
- Found lots of additions to our sea glass collection at Mackeral Cove on Bailey’s Island.
- Shopped in my favorite gift shop at Land’s End (Bailey’s Island).
- Found a place selling lobsters for just $7.50/lb.
- Had lobsters, steamers, and corn on the cob for dinner.
- Trey built a fire in our firepit and we roasted marshmallows and made s’mores.
- Kids had cousins to play with so they were off running around, leaving the adults to sit by the fire all evening.
- I got wishes for a Happy Mother’s Day all day long from my wonderful children. They each had made the most beautiful cards and pictures for me all week long.
I have many memories to record from this beautiful day with my family.
So you can get your list on.
Sign up for a free account to give ListPlanit a try.
Or click here to sign up for unlimited access to all of our lists for just $5 / month. ×
Enter your email and we'll send along password reset instructions. ×