We still have time before summer ends, but with the start of school around the corner, I am already feeling the summer days dwindle away. Before we dive headfirst into packing lunches, getting everyone up and ready for the bus on time, and organizing afterschool activities, take some time to think about what you and your family have wanted to do all summer and haven’t gotten around to yet. Then, GO DO IT!
• Have a picnic.
• Stop at a nearby park or trail for an impromptu romp.
• Stay up and catch lightning bugs.
• Have a backyard water balloon fight or try this water piñata idea.
• Build an enormous sand castle.
• Make your kids breakfast in bed.
• Go for a family bike ride.
• Make sun tea.
• Have a family hula hoop contest.
• Body surf.
• Crank the music and have an outside dance party.
• Go to a baseball game.
• Cook-out dinner over a campfire…don’t forget the s-mores.
• Make home-made popsicles.
• Have a water melon seed spitting contest.
• Watch the sunset.
• Climb a tree.
• Go fishing.
• Go barefoot all day.
• Have a yard sale.
• Go to a drive-in movie.
• Sleep in a tent (even in your backyard or living room).
• Make time for family game night.
• Watch a movie you loved as a kid (we just watched Shirley Temple in HEIDI).
• Take a road trip.
• Write your child a love letter.
What is still on your to-do list this summer?
Make the most of your summertime when you purchase the 100 Days of Summertime eBook. Not yet a member of ListPlanIt.com? Join today and get access to all the lists you need to organize your summer schedules, vacations, food, and fun.
So you can get your list on.
Sign up for a free account to give ListPlanit a try.
Or click here to sign up for unlimited access to all of our lists for just $5 / month.×
Enter your email and we'll send along password reset instructions.×